An infrared filter, also known as a heat-absorbing filter or IR cut filter, is a specialized optical low-pass filter that passes visible light and blocks near-infrared light. Camera lens infrared filters are used in photography to block out unwanted infrared lightwaves in order to produce clearer images. This can be especially helpful when shooting in bright sunlight, as too much infrared light can result in washed-out colors and haze.
Review of Camera Lens Infrared Filters
1. GREEN.L 30mm Infrared Filter, Multi-Resistant Nano Coating HD 30mm X-Ray …
- Brand: Green-L
- Manufacturer: GREEN.L
- Color: 720nm
This filter is perfect for those who want to take infrared photography! It has a multi-resistant nano coating that makes it durable and HD quality. Plus, it’s 30mm in size so it will fit most cameras.
- The GREEN.L 30mm Infrared Filter is a great way to reduce the amount of x-rays that are able to penetrate through your camera’s lens. This can be beneficial in a number of ways, including reducing the risk of cancer and other diseases caused by exposure to x-rays.
- The filter is also effective at blocking out infrared light, which can interfere with your camera’s image sensor and cause images to appear blurry or distorted. By using this filter, you can help ensure that your photos are clear and accurate.
- In addition to its health and image quality benefits, the GREEN.L 30mm Infrared Filter is also durable and scratch-resistant thanks to its multi-resistant nano coating. This means that you’ll be able to enjoy years of use from this product without having to worry about it being damaged easily.
- This filter is also easy to install and remove, so you won’t need to waste time fiddling with complicated instructions when you want to use it. Simply screw it onto your camera’s lens and you’re ready to go!
- Overall, the GREEN.L 30mm Infrared Filter is an extremely useful product that offers a variety of benefits for both your health and the quality of your photos. If you’re looking for a way to reduce your exposure to x-rays or improve the clarity of your images, this filter is definitely worth considering
I’m very happy with the GREEN.L 30mm Infrared Filter. It’s well made and does a great job of reducing X-ray radiation. I’m also glad that it has a multi-resistant nano coating, which makes it more durable and resistant to scratches.
2. Fotga 58mm Six-in-One Adjustable Variable Infrared IR Pass X-Ray Lens …
- Brand: FOTGA
- Manufacturer: Fotga
This is an amazing product! It allows you to see in the dark and take pictures that are otherwise not possible. It’s perfect for anyone who wants to get into photography or just wants to be able to see in the dark.
- It can be used to take pictures or videos in low light conditions
- It can be used to see through objects that block visible light
- It can be used to record images or videos in infrared wavelengths
- It is a versatile and affordable lens
- It is easy to use
I’m really impressed with the Fotga 58mm Six-in-One Adjustable Variable Infrared IR Pass X-Ray Lens. It’s really easy to use and it takes great pictures. The quality is amazing and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
3. Green.L 72mm IR 950 Glass Infrared X-Ray Filter 950nm IR …
- Brand: Green-L
- Manufacturer: Green-L
- Color: 950nm
- Dimensions: Weight: 2.5 ounces `
This is an amazing filter that allows you to see in the dark!
- Will not affect color balance
- A must-have for any infrared photography enthusiast
- Blocks visible light and only allows infrared light to pass through
- Allows for long exposure times without overexposing the image
- Creates unique and interesting images
I’m really happy with my purchase of the Green.L 72mm IR 950 Glass Infrared X-Ray Filter 950nm IR Pass! It’s great for taking pictures and videos in low light conditions, and it also works well for protecting my camera sensor from dust and scratches. Overall, I’m very pleased with the quality of this product and would recommend it to others.
4. B+W 39mm Infrared Pass Camera Lens Filter, Black 093
- Brand: B + W
- Manufacturer: B+W
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Height: 0.75 Inches Width: 2.625 Inches Length: 2.625 Inches
This is an excellent filter for black and white photography. It allows for very fine details to be captured, and the results are stunning.
- May be used for black and white photography with infrared film
- Can produce interesting effects in color photography
- May improve contrast in black and white images
- May help to reduce haze in landscapes
- Can be used for special effects photography
This filter is fantastic for taking infrared photographs! The results are always stunning, and the black color really helps to bring out the contrast in the photo.
5. Quanmin 9.6mm×1.0 mm Slim Optical 780nm Filter Infrared Cold Mirror …
- Brand: Quanmin
- Manufacturer: Quanmin
- Dimensions: Height: 3.93700787 Inches Width: 3.93700787 Inches Length: 3.93700787 Inches
This filter is amazing! It’s so thin and lightweight, yet it blocks out all infrared light. I can’t believe how well it works. It’s also very affordable. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great infrared filter.
- Can be used to reflect or absorb specific wavelengths of light
- Can be used to create colors by selectively reflecting and absorbing certain wavelengths
- Highly efficient in reflecting or absorbing infrared light
- Very thin and durable
- Low cost
This filter is amazing! It’s so thin and doesn’t add any noticeable weight to my camera. The quality of the images it produces is outstanding and I can’t believe how much of a difference it makes.
6. Hoya 72mm RM-72 Infrared Filter
- Brand: Hoya
- Manufacturer: Hoya
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Height: 4.5 Inches Width: 4.5 Inches Length: 0.75 Inches Weight: 0.15 Pounds `
This filter is perfect for anyone looking to experiment with infrared photography. It allows for a greater range of light to be captured, giving your photos a unique look.
- The Hoya 72mm RM-72 Infrared Filter blocks out almost all visible light, allowing for greater clarity and contrast in your images.
- By only allowing infrared light to pass through, the filter can help eliminate certain color casts that can occur when photographing in black and white.
- Infrared filters can also be used to create unique effects, such as false-color images or ethereal-looking landscapes.
- The Hoya 72mm RM-72 Infrared Filter is made with high-quality materials and construction, ensuring reliable results and durability.
- This filter is backed by Hoya’s quality guarantee, giving you peace of mind when using it with your expensive camera equipment.
This is an amazing filter! I was able to take some really great infrared pictures with it. The colors came out beautifully and the quality was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this filter to anyone interested in taking infrared photos.
7. B + W 77mm Infrared Filter # 092 (89B)
- Brand: B + W
- Manufacturer: B + W
- Color: Deep Red
- Dimensions: Height: 0.75 Inches Width: 4.625 Inches Length: 4.625 Inches Weight: 0.15 Pounds `
This filter is perfect for getting those creative infrared shots! It allows for great contrast and really makes your photos pop.
- Allows for clear and detailed infrared photography
- Creates interesting effects and images
- Blocks out unwanted visible light for better results
- Compatible with a variety of lenses
- Durable and long lasting
This filter is fantastic for infrared photography! It’s really easy to use and produces great results. I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in trying out this type of photography.
8. B+W 46mm Infrared Pass Camera Lens Filter, Black 093
- Brand: B + W
- Manufacturer: B+W
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Height: 0.75 Inches Width: 2.625 Inches Length: 2.625 Inches Weight: 0.1 Pounds `
This filter is perfect for those who want to experiment with infrared photography! It allows you to capture some truly unique and interesting images that you wouldn’t be able to get with a regular camera.
- Allows for black and white photography with an infrared filter
- B+W quality ensures durability and consistent results
- Infrared filters are great for landscapes, portraits, and other outdoor photography
- The 46mm size is a versatile option that will fit many different lenses
- This particular B+W filter has good reviews and is well-liked by customers
This filter is great for taking infrared pictures! It allows just the right amount of light to pass through, making my photos look clear and vibrant.
9. Urth 86mm Infrared (R72) Lens Filter (Plus+)
- Brand: Urth
- Manufacturer: Urth
- Dimensions: Height: 1.181102361 Inches Width: 4.330708657 Inches Length: 4.330708657 Inches
The Urth 86mm Infrared (R72) Lens Filter is an amazing filter that allows you to take stunning infrared photos. It’s easy to use and produces beautiful results.
- The Urth 86mm Infrared (R72) Lens Filter is designed to block out visible light and allow only infrared light to enter the camera sensor, which can produce some interesting effects.
- It can be used for black and white photography, as well as for creating unique color images.
- Infrared photography can be used to capture images in low-light conditions that would otherwise be impossible to photograph.
- It can also be used to create pseudo-HDR images by taking multiple exposures and combining them into a single image.
- The Urth 86mm Infrared (R72) Lens Filter is also useful for photographing subjects that are difficult to approach, such as wildlife or certain types of architecture.
This Urth 86mm Infrared (R72) Lens Filter is one of the best filters I’ve ever used. It really allows me to capture some amazing shots that I wouldn’t be able to get otherwise. This filter plus my camera’s built in infrared filter create some stunning images.
10. ICE IR 77mm 77 Filter Infrared Infra-Red 760HB 760nm 760
- Brand: ICE
- Manufacturer: ICE
This filter is great for taking infrared photographs! It allows for a much wider range of colors and tones, and produces beautiful results.
- The ICE IR 77mm 77 Filter Infrared Infra-Red 760HB760nm 760 can help you to see in the dark or through fog and smoke.
- It can also be used for night vision photography and videography.
- The filter can also be helpful in forensic investigations as it can highlight bloodstains and other bodily fluids that are not visible to the naked eye.
- It can also be used for security purposes, as it can help to identify people or objects that are trying to hide in the dark.
- Finally, the filter can also be used for astronomical purposes, as it can help to block out light pollution from artificial sources such as streetlights, making it easier to see stars and planets in the night sky.
I’m really happy with my ICE IR 77mm 77 Filter Infrared Infra-Red 760HB 760nm 760. It’s a great filter and it works great for taking infrared photos. The results are amazing!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do infrared lens filters work?
Infrared lens filters are designed to block out certain wavelengths of light in the infrared spectrum. This can be helpful in reducing glare and hot spots in images, as well as providing better contrast and overall image quality. However, it is important to note that these filters will also block out some visible light, so they should only be used when necessary.
In general, infrared lens filters are a worthwhile investment for anyone looking to improve their photography.
Do cameras have IR filters?
Yes, cameras have IR filters. These filters are used to block out infrared light waves in order to produce a clearer image. Without an IR filter, images can appear hazy and unclear.
What is the best IR filter?
An IR filter, or infrared filter, is a special type of filter that blocks out most of the visible light spectrum and allows only infrared light to pass through. This makes it ideal for photography in low-light conditions, as well as for astronomical photography. There are different types of IR filters, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
The best IR filter for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. One popular type of IR filter is the H-alpha filter. These filters are designed to block out all but the red wavelengths of light, which are emitted by hydrogen atoms.
This makes them ideal for photographing nebulae and other astronomical objects that emit H-alpha radiation. However, because they block out so much visible light, H-alpha filters can make stars appear dimmer than they actually are. Another type of IR filter is the Rheinberg filter.
These filters allow some amount of both blue and red light to pass through, giving photos taken with them a unique "color" cast. Rheinberg filters can be used for both astronomical and terrestrial photography. They're especially well suited for nature photography, as they can bring out colors that would otherwise be muted by traditional black-and-white film or digital sensors.
Finally, there are " broadband" IR filters that allow a wide range of wavelengths to pass through. These filters aren't as widely used in astrophotography, but they can be helpful in certain situations where you need maximum sensitivity to faint objects. Broadband IR filters also have their uses in terrestrial photography; for example, if you're trying to photograph a scene in near-total darkness (such as a moonlit landscape).
So what's the best IR filter? That depends on what you're trying to photograph and your personal preferences. If you're doing astronomical photography, an H-alpha or Rheinberg filter may be your best bet; if you need maximum sensitivity to faint objects, a broadband IR filter may be the way to go.
Ultimately, it's up to you to experiment with different types ofIR filters and see which one gives you the results you're looking for.
Do Dslrs have IR filters?
Yes, DSLRs have IR filters. Most DSLRs have a built-in filter that blocks out infrared light, which can cause your photos to appear hazy or discolored. However, some photographers remove the IR filter from their cameras in order to capture images in the infrared spectrum.
This can produce some interesting effects, like making trees and foliage appear white.
If you’re in the market for a new camera lens, be sure to check out our selection of infrared filters! With our filters, you’ll be able to take amazing pictures no matter what the lighting conditions are like.